|CCTST Responsible Authorship Forum
Friday, April 22, 2011
9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
||Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
Research Auditorium, Location R (the "R Building”), Rooms 3381- 3383
|Sponsored by the Center for Clinical and Translational Science and Training (CCTST), the forum "Responsible Authorship" is open to researchers, UC administrators and staff, CCHMC, the Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center, UC Health and affiliates.
The forum will discuss:
The session will be moderated by Jane Strasser, PhD, UC Research Integrity Officer and Chair, CCTST Regulatory Knowledge & Support core.
- What constitutes distinct publications (least publishable units, etc.)?
- What do you need to contribute to be an author (what is appropriate for authorship)?
- What is plagiarism?
Featured speakers include:
Registration is not required.
- William Balistreri, MD, professor of pediatrics and editor of The Journal of Pediatrics
- Sandra Degen, PhD, UC Vice President for Research and associate chair of academic affairs, CCHMC
- Tracy Glauser, MD, professor of pediatrics and director of the NIH-funded Childhood Absence Epilepsy clinical trial
- Jerry B. Lingrel, PhD, interim chair, department of cancer and cell biology
- Geoffrey Pinski, JD, director, UC Office of Entrepreneurial Affairs and Technology Commercialization
- Mary Beth Privitera, MDes, director, UC Medical Device Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program (MDIEP)
For more information: