|SBIR/STTR Grant Writing Workshop for Faculty Entrepreneurs
Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 - Thursday, Oct. 27, 2011
||Fort Mitchell Country Club
250 Fort Mitchell Avenue
Covington, KY 41011
|This two-day intensive workshop covers all aspects of preparing a competitive SBIR/STTR proposal from strategic planning, to proposal writing, to submission to post-submission follow-up. The workshop is funded by CincyTechUSA and has no registration fee.
Agenda, Day 1:
Strategic Planning Do your homework up front!
Proposal Development Crafting a Fundable Proposal Details on the proposal preparation process.
- SBIR/STTR Federal Program Details
- Technological Innovation and Commercial Merit what this means
- Strategies for targeting your proposal to meet the agencys mission and requirements
- How to do your intelligence work prior to writing the proposal
Agenda, Day 2:
- Planning tools for writing the proposal
- The SBIR/STTR review process how to write the proposal to meet the reviewers expectations
- Step by step process in how to write each section of a proposal
- Common problems and pitfalls in SBIR/STTR proposals and how to avoid them
Preparing a Commercialization Plan good science is necessary but not sufficient. A strong commercialization strategy is a critical element in successful SBIR/STTR proposals.
Electronic Submission to grants.gov Detailed information needed for successful submission through grants.gov.
- Step by step instructions for preparing a commercialization plan
There will be opportunities for individual consultation with speakers on Friday, Oct. 28 to address questions regarding specific projects. Consultations will be limited to those anticipating a near term SBIR/STTR application.
- Agency Submission Procedures (includes NIH, DoE, USDA, DoEd, NSF.)
- Planning and timing
- Details on Electronic Submission to NIH
For more information: