|The College of Medicine Office of Faculty Affairs and Development, Office of Research, and UC LEAF are pleased to present the first lecture in the 2014-15 "Ready, Set, Go!" series.
Christy Holland, PhD, professor in the UC Department of Internal Medicine, will present "Hiring, Effective Interviewing, Evaluation," on Thursday, Sept. 18, 2014, from 9 to 11 a.m., in University Hall, Room 450.
• Recognize the importance of staffing the lab with the right people.
• Differentiate between employees, including postdocs, and students.
• Distinguish appropriate versus inappropriate interview questions.
• Discuss the University of Cincinnati's hiring policies and procedures.
• Effectively evaluate candidates.
• Plan new hire orientation.
Ready, Set, Go! is a nine-course series of programs, facilitated by an interdisciplinary team of research faculty, and is designed to provide new faculty members with the competence and skills to set up and maintain a successful research laboratory or clinical research program.