The College of Medicine Office of Faculty Affairs and Development, Office of Research, and UC LEAF are pleased to present the third lecture in the 2014-15 "Ready, Set, Go!" series.
James Heubi, MD, associate dean for clinical and translational research at the College of Medicine, will facilitate "Funding Your Research Enterprise" at the Nov. 13 session.
- Identify internal and external sources of laboratory/research funding
- Describe types of NIH (e.g., R awards and K awards) and NSF funding
- Explain the internal/UC grant review process
- Describe the external review process
- Realize the direct: indirect cost concepts and the breakdown within the university
Ready, Set, Go! is a nine-course series of programs, facilitated by an interdisciplinary team of research faculty, and is designed to provide new faculty members with the competence and skills to set up and maintain a successful research laboratory or clinical research program.