|The University of Cincinnati, University Hospital and UC Physicians are collaborating with the American Heart Association (AHA) to celebrate National Wear Red Day.
The day will feature a full schedule of activities including:
- Free heart health screenings—blood pressure and cholesterol checks—for students, faculty and staff in the CARE/Crawley atrium from 9 a.m. to noon and in the UC Recreation Center lobby from 1 to 4 p.m. These screenings will be conducted by University Hospital and UC Physicians medical staff and College of Nursing students.
- A Go RED Group Photo at 11:45 a.m. for all students, faculty and staff who wear red.
- A brown bag luncheon and talk at noon, “Love Your Heart: The Truth About Women and Heart Disease,” featuring Stephanie Dunlap, MD, a cardiologist with UC Physicians.
- A presentation for clinical faculty and staff by Mehmet Cilingiroglu, MD, an interventional cardiologist, and Walter Merrill, MD, a cardiac surgeon, featuring Misty Walterman’s case. Walterman is a heart attack survivor who underwent an emergency C-section and triple by-pass surgery at University Hospital.
- A “Who Wears Red Best” contest. Photos can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prizes include:
- Faculty/staff category—free one-month membership to the UC Recreation Center.
- Student category—free fitness assessment.
- Group category—$10 gas cards.
- Registration tables for the AHA’s Mini-Marathon and Heart Walk, scheduled for March 29.
- A free gift for all participants who wear red.