|Local medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, gastroenterologists and oncology nurses are invited to attend the 2009 GI Oncology Symposium. Continuing medical education credits are available and meals will be provided during the event.
Symposium objectives include:
· Identifying optimal surgical approaches for GI malignancies
· Describing the principles of adjuvant and neoadjuvant therapies
· Examining the integration of radiation therapy in surgery and systemic therapy
· Translating the current role of biologic in therapy and GI malignancies
· Describing the optimal imaging modalities in staging and restaging GI malignancies