CCTST "T1" Awardees Announced
The CCTST’s Pilot & Collaborative Studies (PCS) core has announced $1.3 million in FY2013 awards to facilitate T1 research.
T1 (Translation 1) research seeks to apply clinical or basic research knowledge in an identifiable pathway toward the development of trials and studies in humans.
Included were 11 full T1 awards of up to $100,000, four junior T1 awards of up to $25,000 and two innovative core service awards of up to $50,000. Four of the T1 awards and two of the Junior T1 awards included UC-CCHMC cross-institutional/interdisciplinary collaborations.
This was the fourth annual funding round of T1 grants, which expanded the highly successful Translational Research Initiative (TRI) at CCHMC to investigators across the AHC and UC west campus.
Congratulations to the awardees!
T1 principal investigators
- Raouf Amin, MD, pulmonary medicine, CCHMC
- Hermine Brunner, MD, MSc, rheumatology, CCHMC
- Pankaj Desai, PhD, pharmacy, UC
- Sonata Jodele, MD, bone marrow transplantation & immune deficiency, CCHMC
- Michael Jordan, MD, immunobiology, CCHMC
- Robert McNamara, PhD, psychiatry, UC
- Marshall Montrose, PhD, molecular & cellular physiology, UC
- James Mulloy, PhD, experimental hematology & cancer biology, CCHMC
- Charles Quinn, MD, MS, hematology, CCHMC
- Kimberly Risma, MD, PhD, allergy & immunology, CCHMC (2nd year)
- Takuji Suzuki, PhD, pulmonary biology, CCHMC
Junior T1 principal investigators
- Aimee Dietz, PhD, allied health sciences, UC
- Yu Li, PhD, radiology, CCHMC
- Karen Ryan, PhD, endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism, UC
- Yuhang Zhang, pharmacy and dermatology, UC
Innovative core directors
- Prasad Devarajan, MD, nephrology, CCHMC
- Charles Dumoulin, PhD, radiology, CCHMC
A table of awards including project titles and co-investigators is available here.