UC Health will host its second annual UC Health Safety & Wellness Festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, on its West Chester campus.
The event will feature physician lectures, health screenings, demonstrations, games and an array of emergency response vehicles for all to enjoy.
Demonstrations and features will include:
• Flu shot clinic offering vaccinations starting at $15 each. (No appointment needed. Cash only.)
• Same-day mammography screenings. (No appointments needed. Co-pay required.)
• Helicopters from UC Health Air Care & Mobile Care and the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
• Tours and demonstrations of fire engines, ladder trucks, police cruisers and motorcycles, and other emergency rescue equipment.
• Games, professional face painting, balloon artists, and other activities for children, including a bouncy house.
• Complimentary refreshments and displays by local businesses.
In addition, physician lectures to the community will be offered on the third floor of the UC Physicians Medical Office Building North (7690 Discovery Drive). Seats are first come, first served. Four 20-minute presentations will cover the following topics:
12:30 p.m.: Common back problems
1 p.m.: Bladder and urinary incontinence
1:30 p.m.: Diabetes and endocrinology
2 p.m.: Maintaining optimal heart health