Nominations are being accepted for the Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS).
The purpose of GHHS is to promote a culture of humanism in the practice of medicine by publicly recognizing students, residents, and faculty whose clinical competence and professionalism include exceptional humanistic behavior and commitment to service.
Third- and fourth-year medical students are eligible for nomination. Nominations are accepted from faculty/staff and peers.
The deadline for nominations is Thursday, Feb. 6.
Consider the following statements when thinking about a nomination:
- The student you would like to have work at your side in a medical emergency.
- The student who best personifies the quote "the secret to good patient care lies in caring for the patient.”
- The student who has shown exceptional interest in service to his/her communities.
- The student who would be the best choice for a highly desired residency.
- The student you would want as the doctor for yourself or a loved one.
- The student who has the best listening skills with patients.