Cincinnati Magazine’s 2014 "Top Doctors” survey includes the names of hundreds of College of Medicine faculty, graduates and past residents and fellows.
Featuring Jordan Bonomo, MD, from the departments of emergency medicine and neurosurgery, on the cover, 64 percent (or 529 physicians) of those listed are affiliated with the College of Medicine, up from 54 percent last year.
Twenty-nine percent (243) graduated from the College of Medicine, 31 percent (258) had been a UC resident or fellow and 36 percent (302) currently hold a faculty appointment at the college.
Fifty-four of those listed graduated from the College of Medicine, completed a residency or fellowship here and are now on faculty.
Printed in the January 2014 issue, the list totals 832 physicians chosen by their peers. Several current faculty also were highlighted in accompanying articles profiling doctors "whose work has put them on the path of technological innovation and change.”
- Opeolu Adeoye, MD, departments of emergency medicine and neurosurgery
- James Greenberg, MD, department of pediatrics
- Lisa Larkin, MD, department of obstetrics and gynecology
- Andrew Ringer, MD, departments of neurosurgery and radiology
- Sandra Starnes, MD, department of surgery.
- Thomas Maynard, MD, who completed his internship and surgical residency at UC.
The list was compiled from surveys the magazine sent to more than 5,000 physicians in an eight-county area surrounding Cincinnati. Doctors were asked whom they would turn to if "you, a family member or a friend needed medical attention.”
The 832 doctors named – several in multiple medical specialties – received at least five mentions and are grouped into 43 specialties.