Board of Trustees Approve Director, Chair, Emeriti Positions
At its Feb. 18 meeting, the UC Board of Trustees approved the appointment of Peter White, PhD, as chairman of the UC Department of Biomedical Informatics.
The board approved William Barrett, MD, as director of the UC Cancer Institute, Richard Becker, MD, as director of the UC Cardiovascular Institute, and Joseph Broderick, MD, as director of the UC Neuroscience Institute.
It also made the following emeriti appointments:
- Ruby Lipscomb, PhD, professor emerita of social work
- Cora Ogle, PhD, Research Professor Emerita of Department of Surgery
- Catharine Saelinger, PhD, Professor Emerita of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry and Microbiology
The following faculty members were elected fellows of the Graduate School:
- Burns Blaxall, PhD, department of pediatrics
- Gurjit Hershey, MD, PhD, department of pediatrics
- David Hui, PhD, department of pathology and laboratory medicine
- John Lorenz, PhD, department of molecular and cellular physiology
- Mario Medvedovic, PhD, department of environmental health
- Marshall Montrose, PhD, department of molecular and cellular physiology
- Susan Pinney, PhD, department of environmental health
- Glenn Talaska, PhD, department of environmental health
- Kathyrn Wikenheiser-Brokamp, MD, PhD, department of pathology and laboratory medicine.
Finally, the board approved the below faculty for inclusion into the Academy of Fellows for Teaching and Learning:
- Bethanne Brown, PharmD, associate professor clinical, James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy
- Karl Golnik, MD, adjunct professor of ophthalmology, College of Medicine.