To celebrate National Public Health Week, the Public Health Student Advisory Committee will host a series of events focused on public health.
Each day will have an event based around the American Public Health Association’s public health week themes. Every event is open to all students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members.
Public health students who attend 3 or more sessions in the week will be entered in a raffle for a UC Bookstore giftcard.
- Monday, April 7: UC Sustainability film screening: Promised Land
- 7 p.m. at MainStreet Cinema. Amy-Townsend Small, PhD, UC Department of Geology, and James O'Reilly, JD, UC College of Law will lead a small discussion on fracking afterward. Refreshments provided.
- Tuesday, April 8: Take10 Cincinnati CPR training
- 8:30 to 9 a.m. in Kettering 121. A 10-minute training in easy-to-learn, hands-only CPR led by Jason McMullan, MD, UC Department of Emergency Medicine. Refreshment provided. Space is limited; register here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W79CS6K
- Wednesday, April 9: "Creating Community Partnerships In Order To Promote Health Among Vulnerable Populations”
- Noon to 1 p.m., Procter Hall 286. Discussion of preventive health and vulnerable populations with Rebecca Lee, PhD, UC College of Nursing.
- Thursday, April 10: Volunteer session at the Freestore Foodbank
- Friday, April 11: Infant Mortality panel
- 3 to 4 p.m. in Kehoe Auditorium, Kettering Lab. Featuring Judith Van Ginkel, PhD, president of Every Child Succeeds, Ryan Adcock from Cradle Cincinnati, and James Greenberg, MD, co-director of the Perinatal Institute at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. Refreshments provided. Register here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2SSD3H2