Every two years, educators and supporters of medical education at the University of Cincinnati (UC) College of Medicine are recognized for their outstanding contributions and commitment to medical education.
This yearís Medical Education Recognition Dinner, held April 29, 2015, at the Phoenix, applauded the following:
2015 Deanís Award for Teaching Excellence
- Syed Ahmad, MD, professor of surgery.
- Robert Banks, PhD, professor emeritus of molecular and cellular physiology.
- M. Stephen Baxter, MD, associate professor of emergency medicine.
- Suresh Kamath, MD, professor of internal medicine.
- H. Joseph Kiesler, MD, associate professor of family and community medicine.
- Terence Kirley, PhD, professor of pharmacology and cell biophysics.
- Keith Stringer, MD, research assistant professor of pathology and laboratory medicine.
- Kathryn Wikenheiser-Brokamp, MD, PhD, associate professor of pathology and laboratory medicine.
Community Preceptor Awards
- Michael Draznik, MD (OB/GYN).
- David Lustig, MD (Internal Medicine).
- Chris Peltier, MD, Department of Pediatrics.
- Melissa Schroer, MD (Family and Community Medicine).
Outstanding Contributions and Support to Medical Education
- Daniel Burr, PhD, assistant dean and assistant professor of medical education.
- Wan Lim, PhD, associate professor of medical education.
Graduate Medical Education Awards
- Bradley Davis, MD, director, residency training program in general surgery.
- Jessica Sloniker, program coordinator, residency training program in pathology.
Exemplary Service and Commitment to Medical Student Education
- Rose Wolterman, program coordinator, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Lisa Kelly, MD, adjunct instructor, Department of Ophthalmology.