During Research Week 2017 (April 17-21), the College of Medicine Office of Research will celebrate mid-career researchers across UC and its affiliates. Each college and affiliate will select one mid-career research scientist from among their mid-career faculty and manage their award nomination process. This request is to open the competition for the College of Medicine’s awardee.
Eligibility for the College of Medicine Mid-Career Research Scientist Award:
The College of Medicine mid-career faculty are the current visionaries and rising leadership of the college's research enterprise. Faculty members at the associate professor level to 5 years at the professor level whose research targets aspects of health and wellness, including discovery science through clinical research, are eligible for this award. Nominees must be UC-paid, College of Medicine full-time faculty. Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center will conduct a separate competition.
Awardees should demonstrate:
- Contributions to health-related research and the significance within the field and in general, if appropriate.
- Novelty of work.
- Productivity and sustainability of their research program.
- National and international recognition.
- Contributions to the research environment of their institution.
- Contributions as a mentor and colleague.
Nominations should be assembled into one PDF document. The following materials should be included in the nomination package:
- Nomination letter from chair including a description of the candidate’s work noting how it fulfills the criteria listed above.
- Supporting letter from former or current colleague or mentor.
- Candidate’s NIH-style biosketch highlighting the major areas of scientific contributions.
The award recipient will receive recognition at an awards banquet to be held on the opening day (April 17) of Research Week and an honorarium of $1,500.
Please submit your nomination package by February 15.
Please send any questions and/or the nomination document to Brieanne Sheehan at firstname.lastname@example.org.