The University of Cincinnati (UC) College of Nursing honored hundreds of area nurses, giving special recognition to six, at the 26th annual Florence Nightingale Awards for Nursing Excellence on Thursday, May 10, during Nurses Week, at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati.
The 2018 Nightingale Award winners are:
- Barbara Ehrhardt—University of Cincinnati Medical Center
- Rita Hartman—Good Samaritan Hospital
- Stephanie Mackey—TriHealth Bethesda Butler Hospital
- Monica Smith—Cincinnati Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Jeanette Wiedeman—Lindner Center of Hope
- Matt Yockey—University of Cincinnati Medical Center
The six awardees—selected by the UC College of Nursing Board of Advisors—each received $1,000 and a commemorative award.