CINCINNATI – The UC Academic Health Center will be hosting a community blood drive on Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009 in the Kresge Auditorium, 231 Albert Sabin Way.
The drive, sponsored by Hoxworth Blood Center at UC, will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hoxworth is making February Target Your Donation Month. All blood and platelet donors will automatically be registered to win one of four $125 Target gift cards. One winner will be selected each week.
The minimum requirements to give blood are:
- Age: At least 17-years-old and in good general health. There is no upper age limit.
- Weight: Minimum of 110 pounds.
- Identification: Must provide a photo ID.
- Food: Eat a good meal a minimum of four hours before your donation.
- Drink: Drink plenty of water or juice before and after your donation.
Appointments to donate are recommended. To schedule an appointment, please visit www.hoxworth.org/uc. Walk-ins are also welcome.