Doctors Honored by Business Courier
Published February 2004
Faculty at the UC Medical Center
represent more than a quarter of the 53 nominees for the Cincinnati
Business Courierís 2004 Health Care Heroes program.
Nominees were selected by a panel of
independent judges and placed into five divisions: community outreach,
provider, manager, innovator and employer.
All nominees will be honored February 19
from 6-9 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency, Downtown. A winner and two
finalists from each category will be chosen. To register for the event,
visit http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/networking and click on the Health Care Heroes link under the Events category.
Nominees from the UC Medical Center include:
- Elizabeth Kelly, MD, medical director, Womens Health Services, UC Department of OB/GYN, Cincinnati OB/GYN Inc.
- William Barrett, MD,
of the UC Medical Center, for Jordan Crossing Prostate Cancer
Screening Center, and Rev. Donald Jordan of Allen Temple AME Church
- Cecilia Fenoglio-Preiser, MD, executive director, Barrett Cancer Center/UC Cancer Center, UC Medical Center
- Elwood Jensen, PhD, George and Elizabeth Wile Chair for Cancer Research, UC Medical Center
- Hwa-shain Yeh, MD, neurosurgeon;
Michael Privitera, MD, director, Cincinnati Epilepsy Center, Neuroscience Institute at University Hospital
- Laurie Beth Gesell, MD, assistant professor of Emergency Medicine, UC College of Medicine
- Jeffrey Matthews, MD, chairman, UC Surgeons
- Andrew Lowy, MD, chief, Division of Surgical Oncology;
Debbie Soldano, RN, clinical nurse manager, UC Medical Center
- Daniel Snavely, MD, assistant professor of Cardiology, UC Medical Center
- Edward Otten, MD, professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, UC Medical Center/University Hospital
- John Myseros, MD, neurosurgeon, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Keith Wilson, MD, assistant professor, UC Department of Otolaryngology
- Richard Meyer, MD, professor of Pediatrics, division of Cardiology, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Steve Muething, MD, pediatrician, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center