August News Extras
Published August 2008
College of Pharmacy Board of Advisors Named
The James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy has announced new members of its board of advisors. The board, selected by Daniel Acosta, PhD, dean of pharmacy, will help guide the college as it continues to establish itself as a leader in pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical sciences.
The new board members are:
• Lorinda Babb, director of clinical services, Home Care Pharmacy
• Nicholas Barsan, pharmacy supervisor, Walgreens
• Shawn Eaton, professional and college relations manager, CVS/pharmacy
• Larry Galluzzo, president, CEO/ owner, Skilled Care Pharmacy
• Sidney Goldstein, chief scientific officer, Prasco, LLC
• Jack Horn, assistant vice president, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
• Bob Jones, pharmacist
• Paul Lamping, pharmacist, Kroger
• Michael Puccini, pharmacy merchandiser, Kroger
• Wolfgang Ritschel, professor emeritus, College of Pharmacy
• David Roth, pharmacist
• Donald Ruwe, owner, Community Pharmacy Care
• Irvin Schwartz, retired pharmacist
• Dorothy Smith, president/CEO, Consumer Health Information
• Melca Wallace, pharmacist, University Health Services
• James Winkle, principal, Patrick Financial
• David Witmer, vice president of member relations, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
• Richard Wuest, professor emeritus, College of Pharmacy
• Suzanne Eastman Wuest, executive director of clinical services, Catalina Health Resource.
Sunflower Revolution V
Sunflower Revolution V will be held Sept. 5–7. The event, which aims to raise money for Parkinson’s disease research, is a collaboration involving the University Hospital Foundation, the Neuroscience Institute at UC and University Hospital, the Mayfield Clinic and the Davis Phinney Foundation.
• a fundraising gala at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati. Tickets are $150, $250 and $500 each.
• a free educational symposium for patients, families and caregivers beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Hyatt.
• bike rides of 100K, 40K and 20K. Rides start at 7:30 a.m. (100K) and 9:30 a.m. (40 and 20K) on Sunday at Riverside II Park in Milford. The fee is $80 and includes lunch and a T-shirt.
For more event information, visit www.sunflowerrev.org.