UC Faculty Named Tristate Health Care Heroes Honorees
Published February 2009
Nine UC faculty members have been named 2009 Health Care Heroes honorees by the Cincinnati Business Courier.
The 12th annual program honors Tristate individuals who have made an impact on health care in the community through patient concern, research and inventions, management skills, innovative programs for employees and service to the poor and uninsured.
The following were honored in their respective categories:
• William Barrett, MD, chair of radiation oncology
• Tiffiny Diers, MD, assistant professor of medicine
• Joseph Clark, PhD, professor of neurology, and Fred Beyette, PhD, associate professor of engineering
• Charles Kuntz IV, MD, professor of neurosurgery
• Robert Lukin, MD, professor of radiology
• Thomas Webb, MD, associate professor of medicine
• Charles Heaton, MD, professor emeritus of clinical dermatology
• Eric Warm, MD, associate professor of medicine
The winners will be honored during an awards dinner to be held on Tuesday, March 3, at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati. Tickets before Feb. 24 are $75 each; $85 afterward.
To purchase tickets or for more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. UC Physicians (UCP), the clinical practice of College of Medicine faculty members, is the event’s gold sponsor. For information on UCP, visit www.ucphysicians.com.